Welcome to BrainCurve Psychology
An Individual and Compassion Focused Service
BrainCurve Psychology is a private neuropsychology practice based in Norwich providing
services to people who have neurological conditions either at the clinic or in their
own homes. The majority of referrals are for head injury services but expertise
is available for most neurological conditions, including stroke. There is also a
specialist neuro physiotherapy service available.
The service goal is therefore not just to provide expert and effective services
but to do so while enabling people to feel as safe and comfortable as possible,
whatever their referral needs. The service is designed with this aim at the forefront,
evident not just in the lovely location with its excellent facilities, but in the
availability of home visits and the personal nature of service provided.
How do we demonstrate this approach to our clients?
- Appointments arranged by therapists so that clients are introduced to us before
the appointment and can ask questions
- Home visits available for those who have concerns or difficulties coming to us
- Time to talk during sessions - we always leave time between sessions for any issues
- The service is non-hospital based, with facilities which are spacious and attractive,
including gardens and a restaurant.
- Assessments where possible are spread over more than one session, so clients do
not feel rushed and become comfortable with us
- We will provide telephone support between appointments
- There is ample time to meet with relatives and we encourage their input
We hope these goals are also evident from the website and particularly from the
Head and Brain Injury pages which enable readers to read and download information
about brain injury and about therapy.
- Medico legal / Expert Witness Reports
- Neurorehabilitation - cognitive difficulties and emotional problems
- Focus on adjustment
- Assessment of Mental capacity / fitness to plead
- Return to Work / vocational rehabilitation
- Neuropsychological/Psychometric assessment
- Neurological physiotherapy, including home visits
- Quick appointments
- Non-city location for easy access by car
- Home visits within East Anglia and London
- Expert Reports within 6-8 weeks
Goals are set with the client and family and therapy is flexible, with the opportunity
for long-term or intensive interventions where needed. Psychological therapy is
tailored to those with cognitive problems, using hand-outs and diagrams. Appointment
texts and reminders can be arranged.